Activities and Events of the Massachusetts TSA Chapter
This is the Massachusetts Chapter of the Tourette Syndrome Association. As a chapter our purpose is to provide information and referral for parents of children with Tourette, adults with Tourette, physicians, educators, advocates, etc.
last updated September 24, 2006
The Massachusetts Chapter of the
Tourette Syndrome Association announces
Tourette Syndrome and Associated Disorders in the Classroom.
“A Free Workshop for Massachusetts Educators”
Wednesday October 18th, 2006, 8:30 AM – 3 PM
The Lantana Hotel
43 Scanlon Drive, Randolph, MA
Participants will learn how the condition is diagnosed and how it can be managed in school.
We have information and description for this important education program. Contact Chrissy Joyal at 508-747-4342 or email her at email@example.com
Parent Workship with Education Specialist Susan Conners meeting October 19, 2006.
To get to know our chapter better, we have included a Welcome Letter which you can read and familiarize yourself with what we offer. Take a look at it!
I found two new links! And Best of all, they are based in Boston!
The first is the Federation for Children with Special Needs which provides advocacy for children and we the Massachusetts TSA Chapter are a member of this organization.
The second is a state agency,Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council, which provides help, grants and other services.
Check them both out!!!!
- The The Lifes A Twitch Web page – by B. Duncan McKinlay, M.A.Sc.
- The Tourette Syndrome Plus Web page – by Leslie E. Packer, PhD.
- What is Tourette Syndrome – an explanation followed by resources.
- Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Councel
- Federation for Children with Special Needs – Boston
- Other disability resources – Parents helping Parents
- ADA Information Center and Resources
- Massachusetts General Hospital Tourette Web Forum
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Movement Disorders Clinic
- Yale University School of Medicine – Child Study Center
- Maine OC/TS Family Support Group.
- links to other tourette syndrome disability resources.
- Nova Scotia Tourette Syndrome Association..
- And a lot more disability resources on the internet!!!!
We have now 3 parent support groups throughout the State of Massachusetts, these are:
- Boston and Metro West
- Cape Cod
- Central Massachusetts
We also have an adult support group, newsletter, semi-annual meetings, and an educators conference that was held on March 23, 2002!. You are welcome to call us at 617-277-7589 or write to us at:
Tourette Syndrome Association
P.O. Box 653
Marston’s Mills, MA. 02648
or the National Organizaton at:
Tourette Syndrome Association
42-40 Bell Boulevard
Bayside, N.Y. 11361
The National Tourette Syndrome Association Web Page.
List of Tourette Chapters and phone numbers throughout the United States
Links to other Tourette Syndrome Association Chapter’s web pages:
- Rhode Island State TSA Chapter
- Maine State TSA Chapter
- Connecticut State TSA Chapter
- Kansas City TSA Chapter
- Arizona TSA Chapter
- New York City West TSA Chapter
- Southern California TSA Chapter
- Oklahoma TSA Chapter
- Maryland, DC and Virginia TSA Chapter
- Pennsylvannia TSA Chapter
- Heart of Texas TSA Chapter.
- New Jersey TSA Chapter